Sunday, April 17, 2005

ALL THINGS OF NO CONSEQUENCE

On the anniversary of my pilgramage to PA, I think back on what I may or may not be doing at this very moment if I were still in Brooklyn. Probably the same thing. As I sit here and type and wipe honey mustard from my fingers I also ruminate on what a beautiful day it is and wonder why I am sitting here like an idiot, indoors, typing this incessant drivel? Who knows, I surely don't, if I did I would be getting paid the big bucks. Future posts will have a purpose I promise you this.
I am working on my memoirs or at least I should be, that is the project I plan on finishing this summer, or at least I hope to, since my novel is just gathering dust maybe this will be my crowning glory, though I cant think of anyone who would want to read about someone like me, I am a thirtysomething married HS english teacher that has fueled no fires to date, climbed no mountains, righted no wrongs, but is as opinionated as all hell when it comes to things I think about. Actually I think about a lot of things like the price of tea in China, or the amount of lumber that a woodchuck would go through if given his druthers.
A main reason why I never updated my website is that I met my wife around the time I stopped updating my posts and well ironically enough though we met on the internet she doesnt want her picture or for me to write anything about her on my site, so well the only point of updating it would have been that, well not the only reason but the main reason, so I just stopped. Then again abandoning projects is something that it doesnt take much effort to be good at right?
I went to a Chinese/penny auction the other day, why is it called a Chinese or a penny auction anyway? I want to know, they sold no asian products, nor asians for that matter, and the prices for tickets far exceeded the penny. I actually won though so I will let them slide this time. I won to things that I dont really want or need, but things I thought my wife would like, I guess she did because she didnt throw them out or ask me to put them in my storage unit. They are sitting in the den under the window that is now opened because of the wonderful weather that we are having here, and here I sit, indoors typing.

Comments:
Reading your blog every morning is as essential to Maurice as having a cup of coffee. Or two cups.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?