Monday, April 25, 2005

Car Inspection

So I am driving around with an uninspected car, sorry, Jeep. Remember you drive a car, I use a Jeep. Blah Blah. The drivers seat broke over a year ago. And while it is fairly stable, (I have two books I swiped from my job holding up one side if the seat, and a few paperbacks I bought from the library holding up the other side.) Now I know how to get into the car, very gently, so as not to disturb the books. Anyone else, including my wife, just throws themselves in and BAM, the books shift and the seat is like a tilt a whirl.

I admit, not the safest thing to drive, but last year it passed inspection. It was a bit more sturdy and the guy doing the inspection did not throw himself into the seat with the fervor of someone playing musical car seats. That was not the case this year. They would not pass it. Here in Pennsylvania you need an inspection AND emissions, which are two separate stickers that are placed on the window. I have one. Not the other.

The dealer wants over 700 bucks for a new seat and over 200 for the mounting brackets. Who knows how much to install the friggin thing. I could not afford that. 1000 bucks. For a seat. Damn, I got my last car for that. So I turned to the only place I could for help. The internet. I posted at Jeep sites and got help. I was directed to some sites, and the price was halved.

So far so good, I am waiting for the seat to come in the mail with the brackets, and well now I only need to know how to install the thing and I am set, then it is off to get reinspected. How much you want to bet now they will find more things wrong with the Jeep?

If it didnt suck........

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?