Thursday, April 28, 2005

Poetry Break 1

STRESS
-D. V. Castagna

Why can't you see
that all that you do or say
is annoying me,
voices surround me,
words confound me,
escape from misery?

Thoughts of swimming in a bottle
or spike in my vein,
can they
keep me from going insane?

Or push me further along the edge
of death & life
causing more strife
razor against wrist
can end all of this
& deliver me to bliss
these thoughts are hard to resist
a fleeting idea of happiness...

There is no way out
There is no way out
There is no way out
.............. no way out

Life drains away in silence
& I ask justwhat was it all about.

Comments:
I am feeling you on this stress issue. I think these would make great rap lyrics. Don.
 
Life of a married man. I feel your pain.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?