Monday, April 25, 2005

Supposed, Upcoming 44th Street Reunion 2

Geek or Mike G as I affectionately called him used to use at least a can of hairspray in his hair daily and his ears would prick up like a dog who has heard a silent whistle whenever his grandfather came out and whistled for him to come home. He had lived on the other end of the block and would often hang out on my stoop.

Mikey Ideas as Redd and I called him was named after we asked him, or rather red asked him about a bandage he had on his finger. Redd asked him, "Hey Mike, cut yourself shaving?"
Mike looked rather amazed and said, "How did you know?" It turned out that he said when he was shaving the razor got matted with hair so he ran his thumb and finger along it to clear the offending stubble, and well, cut himself shaving."

Brian who would often puntualte every sentence with, Hey bud, was an alcoholic who worked at RX unlimited on the corner. He was a nice and well meaning guy that eventually got into harder drugs. One time he and I got suckered in a caper to steal a boat motor. (that story I will get into only if its requested of me)

Now I was of course included in this cavalcade of curiosities, and well we are our own worst critic, as well as we tend to shine a light on ourselves so we may appear to be better than we truly are, or were. So you will have to judge for yourself through my many upcoming posts.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?