Wednesday, April 27, 2005

What If She Gave Me A Chance? Part ONE

I had a crush on a friend from the old block named Dora (yes once again changed to protect the guilty or is that innocent?). She was good looking and had a nice body and was really cool to hang out with. Over the summer of I believe it to be 86 we used to hang out daily. My mother would let me take a few of her boyfriends beers and me and Dora would drink and bullshit and share ideas, poetry and our love for the Doors and metal music. Some of the other guys would think she was a weirdo, but that didn't bother me. The only thing that did bother me was that she was pot head.

She got her stash from her cousin, who has since died of a drug overdose (or so I am told) and she would smoke daily if not several times a day. She even tried to get me to ride shotgun with her or smoke on my own, though I never acquiesced. I liked her and thought that maybe we could go to the next level, but I had recently had a bad experience doing that with a close female friend and when it didn't work out our friendship had crumbled and we drifted apart.

So I needed an intermediary. (yeah sounds so high schoolish, but that's were I was so I figured what the hell) During the day me and Dora hung with Maryann, who was unoccupied because she usually just spent the days waiting for her boyfriend Redd to come around, or just watched her soaps with her mother. She was in a wheelchair and when wed go out I would ofter wheel her around and Dora sat in her lap. So I would be wheeling both of them around.

One day when Dora wasn't around I set my plan into motion asking Scare (what we called Mary Ann) to find out if there was a chance that Dora would go for it, you know to think of me as more than a friend. I don't know exactly what transpired but the word back to me was that I was too nice for her and it wouldn't work.

Now I had gotten that before but this time it had hurt, so I did some childish things like stand her up or not remember something she asked me, and I would just reply ( when accused I had done it on purpose) that I couldn't do that, I was too nice. <---see I can be a bastard.

Anyway she soon had to move off to her mothers (her parents were divorced and she was living with her father for the summer. And we said our good byes and and promised to keep in touch though the reality was that we never met again until 1995.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?