Sunday, May 29, 2005

My First Internet Relationship part 3

We saw Forget Paris, which was on the whole, utterly forgettable and we went to eat Chinese food. Now I have never eaten Chinese food before this point and well, I wanted to go to a place she wanted to go, I guess that’s something about me, I could have easily said I don’t eat Chinese food but I wanted to not appear weird so I went along, and well it wasn’t bad. The food I mean. The date went well too. Afterwards we went to a diner for dessert and talked some more and then she drove me home. We had a nice long and passionate kiss in the care before saying goodnight. Everything was working out well.

We would talk on the phone frequently and see each other more often. And Robin even went out with my friend Mark. An interesting aside was that just after introducing himself to her he offered that he was lactose intolerant; which neither Tammy, nor Robin, nor myself could figure out why that would be offered up as a means of introductory conversation. “Hey I’m Mark, by the way I’m lactose intolerant.” No, that doesn’t seem to be on the top ten list of things to say on a first date. And that’s as far as it went. She seemed weirded out by him and didn’t want to date him again. Coincidently Mark didn’t like her either though he wouldn’t be specific. She probably wasn’t as into sci-fi as he was. I don’t know and I really didn’t care. All was going well for me.

Familiarity, however, does breed contempt. I had been calling her from work, because she used to want to hear my voice during the day. And on days we wouldn’t see one another wed talk for at least an hour on the phone, or IM one another. I had changed my screen name to a sickening combo of our initials with LUVZ between them. Yeah I know. Even I can succumb to feminine wiles once in a while as well. Sorry I am only human. On the weekends that we would see one another she would not talk as much anymore and began to say things like, “we talk all day, there’s nothing left to say.” And then, her friends. It was me and Tammy. That is, it was me, Tammy, and Ellen and Robin. All the time. Then Robin started to date this guy next door to her, so it was the five of us. All the time.

I wanted some alone time so I broached the subject and she said that’s what couples do, they hang with other couples, I guess she was forgetting her other friend, but I didn’t mind them. I said well couples hang with other couples and then hey spend time alone as well. We decided to take a week off from seeing one another. Just to take a breather.

(to be concluded)

(btw I am aware that grammatically it is “Tammy and I” but for my construct it works better as is)

Comments:
I enjoyed this piece...like any good writing it is from the heart...the unfamiliarity with Chinese food...very close to home...hmmmm....thought the lactose intolerant bit was funny...succumbing the feminine wiles...don't we all...keep them coming my man...Don
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?