Friday, June 03, 2005

Caffeine, Therapy and Awesome Pizza

One of the worst things that can be said on a first date is anything that is prefaced with the disclaimer of, “My therapist said…” Traintooba and Enigma106 were sitting at an outside table at Timothy’s Java, located diagonally opposite one of the larger Starbucks just left at the new Au Bon Pan across the street from Dunkin Donuts. That was all I needed to be surrounded by caffeine and confined to this meeting with someone who obviously didn’t need any artificial stimulants. I recall her name as being Teresa or a derivative of that. She seemed a bit hyper and her eyes were very wide. Now I know caffeine can have that effect on you, but the fact that she punctuated much of what she said with the precursor of “My Therapist”, made me very leery of continuing any contact with her after that initial meeting.

After Tammy I went on a lot of Internet dates. And believe it or not they weren’t all horror stories. The fact that I decided not to go out with TRAINTOOBA again was because, while I don’t mind baggage in a relationship, its another story when someone brings a steamer trunk full to a blind date.

I had met a med student with the rather interesting name of SAPHENOUS, which is an artery in the leg. We met for a movie and an reasonable dinner. She dropped me off at my car and we shared an Altoid, and a kiss and said goodbye. We never spoke or Imed again.

Bunny Foo Foo, I don’t remember the actual spelling of her screen name was an older woman and we only met because we had been chatting for some time and thought it would be nice to meet. It was, though we fell out of touch, she will always have a special place in my heart and gut. She had turned me on to the rapture that is Spumoni Gardens Pizza. (it truly is a taste like no other)

Comments:
ahhhhhhhhhhhh, memories of L & B Spumoni Gardens - the best friggin pizza Maurice ever ate ! I was looking forward to reading a little less about the women, and a little more about the caffeine, donuts and pizza.
Your blog has become my therapy.
In fact, on my last date, I was talking so much about your blog that she said I needed therapy !
 
Maurice is a hoot and a hottie. I can't wait to read his blog.
Greengirl
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?