Friday, June 03, 2005

If It Didn't Suck......the genesis of a title

As you may have noticed the blog title has been changed, I think for the better. The new title follows a motto of mine which is, If it didn't suck...it wouldn't be my life. This motto I declared as my own when a friend of mine, who is a lifetime student (Mr. ABD you know who you are) would call me when he first left for grad school back in 1995 to be cheered up. The reason being, no matter how bad he felt, my life was worse, after talking to me he'd feel so much better.

I guess I am glad I could help. Anyway I would tell him things like when Tammy dumped me on the phone, or once when my car locks wouldnt unlock so that the doors would close and I had to tie a rope on the grips of them and drive home with them flapping open, or the fact that my dog in fits of loneliness would shit the house regularly, or getting my nose caught in a revolving door or the fact that I have sleep apnea and sleep with a Darth Vader type of mask so I wont die while I sleep, he would say; affectionately so, "Hey, C if it didn't suck it wouldn't be your life." Thus a title and motto was born.

So you can see, constant and faithful readers, that if it didn't suck....
well no need to bore you with the rest, I have some blogs to write.

Comments:
Maurice read in awe of these secrets you've kept from us all these years - Tammy's phone call, the car locks, and the revolving door. But only C can turn these into positives ! Your dysfunctional "family" looks forward to a tribute to Lucky some day, and is ABD the person I ran into near the Watergate Hotel last year? By the way, that pizza place in DC is second only to Spumoni Garden !

Love,
Grandpa
 
Mr. ABD! That's hilarious!
 
And you still provide a never ending source of inspiration. You are true to your motto in all that you do. Thanks for making me feel better and thanks for the hilarious stories of your misadventures. BTW you forgot to mention the time you were forced to drive home with no breaks and rear ended an apparent car thief.
 
"BTW you forgot to mention the time you were forced to drive home with no breaks and rear ended an apparent car thief."

Maurice can't wait to hear about this. Someone can really put together a great TV series based on your adventures !
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?