Tuesday, June 28, 2005

LAST DAY

No more pencils
no more books
no more Administrators
dirty looks

Today, June 28th, is a day that I will always love and hold dear. It is the last day of school, the last day I have to get up at 5:30 am and drive very far for the animosity and chaos and blatant disrespect I get as a teacher. And then there's the students! I started to write a poem about the day once, a love poem but the person didn't really appreciate the feeling behind the words, it went something like this:

You are the sun, the stars and the moon
You are more important to me than
You are the 28th of June

Now if that ain't love I dont know what is!

To any teachers out there have a good summer, and recharge those batteries, we'll need it in September.

C

Comments:
I've enjoyed checking out your blog. You've got a very sharp wit and you know how to tell a story. However, as an English teacher, I think you should pay more attention to your grammar and spelling. I think you meant to say that you "started to write a poem", not "started to right a poem".
 
Greengirl says that was true love!
 
Maurice can forgive Cee for his typo - June 28 is indeed the most-looked-forward-to day of the year in Frankenklein's DofEd
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?