Thursday, June 09, 2005

Paradise by the Empty Gas Light

Why are we so afraid to take alternate routes? Fridays there is an inordinate amount of traffic on the Jersey Turnpike and everyone just sits in it for the most part. Why I ask you do all New Yorkers feel the need to go "Down The Shore" every freakin weekend? A ride home than can take me 1 1/2 hours from SI pace to Bensalem PA, can take up to 3 hours.

I will admit we, as human beings, fear change. Though I did take an alternate route that took me nearly as long, at least I was moving. And I got to see more of Jersey, more than I cared to, but I explored.

Before mapquest, or onstar, what did we do? Waste a hell of a lot of gas for one, but we had a hit or miss situation, trial and error. And sometimes we found some cool things.

Today I tried yet a different route to prepare me for Friday's horrors. I took route one all the way home. And I saw some stores and places that look cool and what not, not to mention Gas prices under 2 bucks, WHOO HOO.

So I was driving and noticed my gas was painfully low, this due no doubt to me having the AC pumping and waiting over 30 minutes to get on the SI expressway. So I looked for a gas station, after I just passed about 20 of them, and low and behold I look up and there, to my surprise was a burger lovers paradise. Fuddruckers. Right smack dab in the middle of Route 1 In Jersey, and yes it was on the other side of the road, but I made note of it and will be passing through there again real soon.

So I implore, you, try a different route every once in a while, who knows what you may find.

Comments:
This is old C...cutting edge...witty...viewing a film on the first day out..good stuff. Don
 
I can definitely relate to shore traffic ( many horror stories )and Fudruker's ( build your own burger ) good stuff...an oasis in a desert of traffic. Don
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?