Thursday, June 23, 2005

Stranded In Beautiful Downtown West Nyack With A Spinner 1

Anna was a spinner. At the time I was with her I didn’t know the expression, but once I heard it, I knew that was what they called women like her. Anna was about 4 feet 10 inches and weighed about 96 pounds, which was probably what one of my legs weighed. She was the shortest and most petite woman I had ever dated. And she was definitely a spinner.

Aside from her being petite, and about four years younger than me, she was the first black girl I was going to date from the Internet. That she shared with me because it might have been a deal breaker for some. It reminded me of the comments Carol had made about her friend’s man. Her race didn’t bother me. I had dated a black woman before, and while I wasn’t as race obsessed as a friend of mine is, it didn’t faze me. My only requirement of a date is that she is a she, alive, and calls me back. So we were getting off on the right foot here.

I was now driving and agreed to meet her in her neighborhood. Being a young woman living alone, she made a good choice to meet me at a public place. I was running on time for our date, but Queens is a bit confusing, so I had to cut across the Grand Central. I was off of the highway and about to turn on Jewel Avenue when a car barreled down the exit and showed no sign of slowing. I remembered what they taught me in driving school. If a car is coming at you on the left make a sharp right. I did just that I made a hard right. Right into a tree.

Amazingly the tree was unharmed. My car, on the other hand, was another story. The front end was pushed in to form a V shape. There was smoke everywhere. I parked the car and got out and called car service so I could meet my date.

The car service arrived and I told the guy my story. He was the first person to say he would have abandoned the date. We joked around a bit about how he hoped it was worth it and all. He dropped me off at the place I was supposed to meet Anna and left. At the moment I didn’t know I had left my wallet in the car as well.

To Be Continued

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?