Monday, July 04, 2005

JULY 4th BBQ

Well it really was on the 2nd, at Neshaminy State Park. We had people from the Boro's come out as well as a few from LI and Delaware. It was a bbq but felt more like a family cookout. I, and about three of my friends were the only white folks in attendance. It wasn't odd for me or anything, it was just the way the cookout was organized and run. My wife is black, and she has a big family, so I am technically related to all of the guests, and I still need to be introduced to some of them, because my family, before marriage, consists of only myself. No need to feel sorry for me, it's fine, I know there are many of you in the same situation.

Back to the organization and preparation. The night before was some major cooking, after some major shopping and bargin hunting that is. That night pounds of potatoes and boxes of elbow macaroni occupied the stove while other ingredients were being prepared for the potatoe salad and macaroni salad. After that, some fried chicken was being prepared as well as ribs and barbequed chicken, being set down in the marinade, shrimp, and chicken breast chunks were sliced with peppers and onions, put on skewers.... damn I was hungry. So there we were, three generations of women in the dining room and kitchen, my wife, her sister, mother and grandmother, preparing food for the next day that would ultimately feed near fifty people.
(the obligatory burgers and hot dogs were also on hand, but that needed no pre arranging)

The day went along fine, everyone ate, and ate, and ate some more. Some went into the pool, some just sat around grandma and talked. My few guests had a good time as well, and everyone enjoyed the day.

I guess this post doesn't really have a point or some great epiphany, except for the joyous thing that is family, and the times, though they may seem few or far between, that we enjoy and revel in one another's company.

PS if you feel like checking this for grammatical errors, dont post anon, use your name, and dont be petty. Thank you, Hope you all enjoyed your holiday!!!

C

Comments:
Maurice regretted not attending, but it's good to know that not all things suck in the world of Cee.
Do you have any fine family members who are looking for a sugar daddy?
 
Greengirl had fun with her gorgeous greenman. The food was excellent, and C rules!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?