Thursday, July 14, 2005

more proof that my blog title is true

Anyone that knows me knows that I am lazy. My idea of exercise is getting up and walking to the fridge. So the idea of walking, in the hot and humid wilds of PA is out of the question. My wife uses the car while I am home from work. (the only perk of teaching as of late) The local library called on Thursday and said a book I ordered was in. The library closes at five on Thursday and Friday. My wife gets home after six and she doesn't come home for lunch. I could have waited until Saturday, but I am impatient and need it, gotta have it, whatever it is, right now. So I walked. The library is .72 miles from my house. That is nearly 3/4 of a mile. I bit the bullet and walked. I get there at noon only to find that the library doesn't open until one. So I cross the street and walk a bit more to the 7-11 and buy a Super Big Gulp diet coke and a newspaper.

I go back to the library and sit on the bench and read and drink my soda. Once the library opens I go inside get some books, sit down and bask in the delightful AC before I begin my excursion back home. The walk back is longer now because the bag of books is heavy and the sun is stronger.

I get home and get weirded out because the mouse is on the other side. I use a left handed mouse and my wife always moves it to the right when she moves it, and then I noticed some other things, like the tv station was changed and so on. Today she decided to come home for lunch. I could have gotten a ride to and from the library. Damn, if it didn't suck....

Comments:
Greengirl feels that your baby picture is adorable, and that walking in the heat is only worth it for a good read.
 
Maurice is thrilled that you took the walk, regardless of whether you needed it or not. Who knows, you might decide to do it again for exercise (though not when the weather is in the 90's !)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?