Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Reading Over the Summer

One good thing about being a teacher is that you have the summer off. I like to catch up on my reading. I always want to do some writing but well, I am lazy. So I read. I managed to read all of the Repairman Jack novels by F. Paul Wilson, and a bunch of Harlan Coben novels. When I start a series, I need to get all of the books in that series, up to the most current one, before I can begin. Like after I read the stand alone novels Tell No One, and Gone For Good, I decided to read Coben's series with a character called Myron Bolitar. So I had to get all seven books. Six werent a problem, the second one in the series, the elusive seventh one was difficult, but I procured it today, so now I am halfway through it and felt the need to tell you all, not that you care.

I have been managing to read quicker too over the summer, unlike past years, I guess I have been lucky in my selections, oh how I loathe the thought of reading essays come September, oh well, I digress.

Any good book recommendations, not you greengirl, I know the types of books you have been reading.

Peace
C

Comments:
Doug,

Here are some ideas for your summer reading list...

Ishmael, by Daniel Quinn

The Road Less Traveled, by M. Scott Peck

Angels and Demons, by Dan Brown

Ocean of Words, a collection of short stories by Ha Jin

Siddhartha, by Hermann Hesse

Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress : A Novel, by Dai Sijie

Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley

Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card
 
Hmm I'll have to check some of those out myself. Try some of Terry Pratchett's work if you like a sardonic laugh.
 
I can't believe I forgot the funniest read ever:

Conspiracy of Dunces, by John Kennedy Toole
 
Maurice concurs with Jason - especially after experiencing NOLA, A Confederacy of Dunces is awesome reading !
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?