Saturday, August 13, 2005

Other People's Parents

I drove into the city and around the city to get to visit with my friend and his parents. He lives away and was home to visit, and I was going to be treated to a home cooked meal. Not that my wife doesn't cook, but Italian food made by an Italian mother, well, that is something I could not resist. It was worth the driving around the city on a weekend for no if's and's or but's.

When they lived in Brooklyn I had seen them more often, and now that they lived in the city, and I in PA, the last time I had seen them was at my wedding 2 years ago. (though at times it feels like 20 years) They have been married for 38 years, and I wonder how they do it, but enough about me.

while I was there, for those few hours I realized how lucky my friend is to have parents like his. I wondered how I would have turned out if I had been as lucky as him to be raised in such a loving and supportive and respectful environment. I wonder not only would I be a happier, more well adjusted person, but I wonder if I would have been a better person.

Comments:
What did my mother-in-law serve you!? I'm coming up from DC to NY next week and am looking forward to anything out of her kitchen.
 
Hi. YOu are the "bestest" person to quote greengirl. My family loves you, as a matter of fact-- didn't we adopt you at some point. My cousins think you are their relative.
 
That sounds like the place to be..
can I go? I'll even the Italian bread and the vino...C you are loved my brother...Don
 
Hey man - Thank you for the post about my parents. I think they would say you turned out just fine, but then again they never ask me my opinion before the make decisions. :-)
 
>>I wonder not only would I be a happier, more well adjusted person, but I wonder if I would have been a better person.>>

Maurice thinks you're a better person as is !
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?