Friday, September 02, 2005

Last Friday Of Vacation

I know I am spoiled with having the summer off, but I am lamenting the passing of yet another summer as it has gone all too fast. My batteries are only partially recharged and I have no desire to start waking up at 5:30 again for my 70 mile commute. (each way) This is the cusp of the last weekend and I have not accomplished anything but reading a bunch of books I enjoyed, seeing a bunch of movies (some of which I enjoyed) and getting some desperately needed sleep. I had one major vacation, and attempted to rewrite my long unpublished novel. It seemed as though June 28th happened only yesterday, and the summer lay before me virginal in its potential that I ruined and soiled with my drunken and clumsy advancements. Now all that lay before me is dread that I have to wait, as if in purgatory for ten months until I can see my nubile lover once again, and hope that this same time, next year, I can speak of her praises and not of the disgrace I have brought to her.

Comments:
"It seemed as though June 28th happened only yesterday, and the summer lay before me virginal in its potential that I ruined and soiled with my drunken and clumsy advancements. Now all that lay before me is dread that I have to wait, as if in purgatory for ten months until I can see my nubile lover once again, and hope that this same time, next year, I can speak of her praises and not of the disgrace I have brought to her."

This quotation should be mandatory reading for everyone - one of the greatest paragraphs in the history of literature, full of alliteration, clarity, poignancy and it took Maurice's breath away !
 
WOW! To you & Maurice! Greengirl
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?