Wednesday, October 26, 2005

WTF? Five Bucks for alcohol Swabs?

I am a diabetic that should be checking his blood daily if not more. I advent. I know I know, but I decided to turn over a new leaf and took my kit to work, to find I was out of all supplies. I had a prescription from a few months ago fro the lancets, strips and swabs. I brought in the prescriptions to the SI ECKERDS or Genovese or whatever they are calling themselves now and showed the man the scripts. He says he will check if he has the items. He picks up everything that I need and tells me to come back in an hour. (yes even though he physically had everything in his hands already) So I figure all right, I had expected to have to come back anyway. Though I said let me pay for the swabs since I did not think my insurance would pay for that. He said it would so I thought nothing of it and left.

When I returned my bill was 15 for items. I said that I didn't think the swabs should have been so expensive and I was told that they never really sold them, and that they only doled them out via prescription as I had been given them. I realized that they are about 2 bucks or less, but since my copay is a standard 5 bucks, I was left holding the back, my sac, and a 5 dollar box of swabs.

Damn, if it didn't suck....
ps my sugar after lunch was over 300
double suck.....

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?