Tuesday, May 09, 2006

What Happened To Us : Scene II

SCENE II

AT RISE: YOUNG MIKE is standing in his apartment holding a
framed picture of Sierra. YOUNG SIERRA is standing in her apartment
holding a framed picture of Mike.

MIKE
They say that time heals all wounds. That's such a lie. I
don't think I'll ever get over you.

SIERRA
I think there's a saying that absence makes the heart grow
fonder. That must be true. Even though its been seven years, I
don't think I'll ever get over you.

(Sierra walks to the couch and sits down)

INTRO TO OUT IN THE BLUE

(After the first verse Mike sits down on the couch.)

MIKE
Memories are all I have but they are not enough.

SIERRA
This photo and aged memories are barely enough to get me
through the day.

MIKE
I've tried going out with other women, but I always compare
them to you.

SIERRA
You were the only man who ever really understood me. I'll
never find someone like you again.

MIKE
I wish I knew how you were doing.

SIERRA
I hope you have a better life than I have. If I only knew that
you were okay, maybe I could begin to over you.

MIKE
If I knew you were well and happy, maybe I could get started
living my life without you.

MIKE AND SIERRA
But I don't think I can.

INTRO TO NEVER OUT OF FASHION

Comments:
Maurice is actually now going to read this from Scene I to the end.
Broadway is still beckoning the talents of Mister Cee.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?