Thursday, May 11, 2006

What Happened To Us : Scene III

SCENE III

AT RISE: The OLDER MIKE and OLDER SIERRA are on stage.

MIKE
Gary's really miserable.

SIERRA
But he's as stubborn as you were.

(The Doorbell rings)

SIERRA
I'll get it this time.

(She walks over to the door and opens it. Jane enters.)

SIERRA
Jane, how are you?

(Mike leans over and sees Jane)

MIKE
Hi Jane, come on in.

SIERRA
Yes, come inside. We heard you and Gary had a fight.

(They walk to the couch, Mike stands up kisses Jane on the cheek
and sits on the club Chair. Jane and Sierra sit on the sofa.)

JANE
I don't know what got into him. He was acting like such a
child.

MIKE
What did he do?

JANE
When we came back, he wanted to watch the fight from cable.

MIKE
That was great, I won twenty bucks on it. How did he like it?

JANE
That was the problem. I forgot to set the timer to tape it for
him. I mean we had to catch the plane and we were running late
all ready, so I forgot.

SIERRA
Gary's always been a big fight fan, how did he take it?

JANE
He started screaming and raving like a lunatic.

MIKE
You said you were going home to your mother?

JANE
Yes, and he didn't believe me. He pushed me out of the door,
so I had no choice.

SIERRA
You could have stood you're ground. You should have tried to
work things out.

JANE
But he yelled at me.

MIKE
So yell back. Boy, you two have a lot to learn.


INTRO TO LOVE IS FOR A MATURE AUDIENCES

JANE
Listen, I know heartache--

SIERRA
You know belly ache. But I will tell you this. If one of you
don't make the first step and apologize real soon, you will
know heartache.

MIKE
We speak from experience Jane. Don't make this a part of your
life where you have regrets.

SIERRA
If you said he's such a child, prove you're the adult and make
the first move.

JANE
But it was his fault.

MIKE
Who's acting childish now?

SIERRA
It doesn't matter who's fault it was. If this rift isn't fixed
the results will be both your faults.

JANE
Results, what results?



MIKE
Fate is like a card shark dealing from the bottom of the deck.
JANE
What are you talking about?

SIERRA
Remember when I told you about what happened to us?

JANE
Yes. You broke up and then--

MIKE
No, we never broke up. We had a fight and misunderstanding
heaped upon meddling relatives which caused our little rift to
widen. It reached the point where we lost touch.

SIERRA
We couldn't get in touch with one another even if we wanted
to. And we did want to.

MIKE
It was like I was just telling you. Fate is a card shark that
deals from the bottom of the deck.

SIERRA
But sometimes you're dealt an ace.

(LIGHTS DIM)

Comments:
Maurice can recognize an ace when he sees one !
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?