Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Atkins Week One/ Atkins On The Road

Well I made it through the first week. It actually does get easier as you go, which is something I didn't believe at first. I wound up losing around 8-9 lbs during the first week. I will see how well it goes into the second week. I do not know how long I can go beyond that, though as far as my diabetes is concerned, I do not know why dietitians don't recommending limiting carbs , not as much as Atkins but somewhere in between. My fasting blood sugar has been around 120, w/o meds and not gone higher than 138 after meals. So even if I cannot stay on Atkins...well I can try though if I ever go to L&B all bets are off.

On the road, when I went to DC was a little tough because I couldn't go to the Italian restaurant I wanted to and Fudruckers was really interesting getting a pound burger smothered with cheese on a plate. Bare. But I managed. Though I missed Bertucci's something awful.

Comments:
Greengirl is proud of ya!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?