Wednesday, September 13, 2006

It's Raining Again

Its Raining Again, by Supertramp was playing when I discovered my girlfriend was cheating on me. I didn't know it at first, I mean I knew something was up cause they were making out and playing ass grab on her mother's couch. It was after I made my presence known when I found out the depths of the deception. She felt the need to reveal to me what she was doing and with whom. (not the guy she was currently groping) I have that quality about me. Everyone, strangers, foreigners, aliens, all want to tell me their stories, or the whole truth about something and on this occasion, like many of the others, it was info I didn't want to know. When she was done telling me about her betrayal, I nodded, and turned, and left the apartment with rather dramatic flair. All the while, however, I felt invisible vise like hands gripping my throat, making it virtually impossible to breath. I made it out into the hall and onto the elevator where I managed to gulp some fresh air and let the tears flow.

I wasn't raining that day, in fact it was sunny and warm, though It's Raining Again by Supertramp was playing when I had my heart broken.

It wasn't till the next time that I heard the song that I realized how powerful memories are when they are attached to something like a song. I listen to it now and lament my youth, not the relationship.

Comments:
Very moving, poignant narrative of the pain of betrayal and heartbreak.

Don.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?