Friday, July 20, 2007

Relationships Suck Shuffle

Am I unique in the fact that I dont let past bad relationships taint me in my outlook on my next one? Yet again I was broken up with over something I didnt do but that was part of baggage she had carried with her. I was told I did everything to make her feel special BUT perhaps she dived into the dating world too early. Or something else. Yes I appreciate the honesty BUT where is the honesty with yourself?

I am not perfect. Obviously. I am, though, honest with myself and people I meet with the intention of starting a relationship. I will always remember someone I had dated about ten years ago, she broke up with me on the phone and said "I thought I was ready for a relationship, I guess I was wrong." And the hits keep on coming.

Today in all honesty it was only the second date though I was informed that she thought she was ready to date again...catch a running theme here?

Just before her I was told that "I cannot remember a time when someone cared enough to play the music I liked and get me the wine I liked.....CAN WE JUST BE FREINDS...my ex came over last night" BLAH BLAH it seems more of the same.

But I am not bitter. I am a 100 percent self sufficient being. Though, I will admit sometimes it is nice to have a little human touch.

If it didnt suck.....

Comments:
I don't think it's just a female thing because I've known men who too thought they were ready and they weren't. Being dumped sucks..wasting 6 months with someone sucks even more. Sometimes the end can be the beginning and sometimes baggage sneaks out when you aren't looking. I never thought I had ANY until one bad relationship. I wasted day with someone special questioning his intentions when I know damn well what they are. Life is complicated, love even more so. Happy Sunday!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?