Sunday, July 15, 2007

Weddings, Being Single, And Stuff.

A friend of mine got married recently. I know her husband too, but only as someone I worked with and as "her man". He's pretty cool as well and they seem happy together and I wish them all the luck in the world, though at the wedding I was reminded of why my blog is titled thusly. Aside from the parents of one of the bridesmaids the rest of the table was single. I exaggerate mildly, I mean the circle of my friends. The inner circle that is. Within the inner circle of the few tight bonds we have a buffer of an outer circle and their significant others bolster that to a larger group. And all is good. However my small original core, including some that have fallen off as of late, is single. I was married and now free again, single again, and was reminded at the wedding about a time we went to a comedy club.

About 7 years ago. A big group of us was signaled out by the comedian, "Who here is single?" The only ones in the entire club who raised their hand was at our table. Our entire table. It was met with much laughter and sadness and some jokes from the stage that night. Now, all these years later, the same attendees, are still single. And well, as a departure for me, I don't really think it sucks. I am single again yes, but it was the best for me, and I know that out there will be someone I will fit better with. I know this. I also know this to be true of my fellow singles who shared the table with me, and the half table at the wedding.

Weddings offer the opening page of a new chapter that will no doubt have many volumes, but not only for the Bride and Groom, but for everyone in attendance sharing that splendid moment.

Peace
C

Comments:
Wow that sounds like a pretty great wedding to attend and some interesting non relationship dependent people...I wish I was there...hey, wait a minute!!! I was there, son! Don
 
Greengirl wishes you & El happiness and love, and she wishes for a second chance with a sexy sea shark for herself.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?