Sunday, October 14, 2007

Holy Ship!!!!!


I went on a schooner the other day. It was an interesting activity keeping in mind I have an inordinate fear of drowning. The day was a bit crisp, but it was a wonderful ride. I ruminated on the irony of me and my friends shortcomings. She gets motion sick and needs to wear a patch for her illness. However, she can stand and be steady on the rocking ship. I love the motion in the ocean (no homo) but have no sea legs whatsoever; I said that between the two there is one seafaring person and one basket case. Despite that it was a great thing to do, about two hours traveling from the seaport to the statue of liberty and back. I took as many pictures with my digital camera as possible from the rooted seat where I was planted for the entire ride. Speaking of rooted, when the passengers were asked to help hoist the sails and whatnot, though I stayed rooted to my seat on deck though to catch a shot of another passing schooner in front of the statue of liberty, I did stand and get it, I was proud of myself in that infinitesimally brief moment. It was a fun day traveling at a slow steady 8 knots, which I was told, was bout a mile an hour. It could have been a bit warmer but other than that it was an awesome experience.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?