Sunday, October 14, 2007

Therapy? Me? Never!!! Ok Maybe never.....

Recently, after my divorce and relocation, I decided well to take care of myself for one of the first times ever. Aside from the previous blog and my dental fiascos I sought out a new doctor, new sleep doctor, and well for the first time, aside from marriage counseling; a psychologist. Perhaps to analyze why I do the things I do, why I pick the wrong women, or, more importantly, how to stay happy. No short order I know but as I sit there, in the few sessions I have had, I have come to realize that I pretty much know my foibles and the motivations for the things I do, so why do I go you ask, the short answer is that the visits are covered by my insurance. LOL The long answer is I guess that it is nice to be able to unload, hypothesize and get feedback. It is also interesting to see the reactions on my therapists face when I relay stories from my past, I can tell that, at the very least, I am being listened to. I have always been good at self realization and at times I feel it is an exercise in futility, though I must admit it is good to be listened to, then again I am paying this person to listen. Oh well, if it didn’t suck…..

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?