Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 My Year In Review

2007 is minutes away from being over. As I sit here typing I think back on some of the moments that have happened in my life over the year and some I have written about, some I should have written about and probably some I should not have. So here some things that I didn't mention yet, or if I did, oh well. Think of it as a recap. This is not a full recap mind you. Like for example, I have seen over 50 movies in the theater this year, and I will not even mention one of em. This recap is of my year, some highlights or lowlights or whatever. Enjoy.

My birthday back in Jan this year was in the high 60's. a welcome departure to the usual blizzard or torrential cold. Saw Rocky Balboa and dined with a group of friends, got some cool gifts and had a nice time.

Landed in a new school in Feb, fell into the friend Zone with the woman I was dating at the time. She was a bit young and immature so I forgive her for her transgression. LOL JK Decided not to be friends with her and went on - referred to her in a previous blog about listening to a song and it becoming seemingly ubiquitous only because it is fresh in your mind. HA now you remember!!!!

Around the summer I had a near fatal attraction. Wont mention her name now or ever but it rhymed with a synonym for frightening. (sorry to make you think) Only close ones know!!! That was a mistake. I guess we are all entitled to our lil mistakes. Perhaps I will revisit this at a later date if anyone is really interested in hearing about it.

Eharmony. Curse? Pox? or just what the Dr. Ordered? Who the hell knows? in theory it seems like it has a lot more going for it than other dating sites, and at times seems like more of the same old on line dating flotsam and jetsam that permeate the cyber landscape with their pop up ads promising you the world and delivering only hefty credit card debt. Hey what can I say? I had a coupon.

Turkey day you read about.....

I had a really nice Christmas eve, spent at a dear friends home, with her family. They opened their house, and their lives to me and I thank them dearly for it.

I spent Christmas day with a new girlfriend. We had a nice time. I got a nice cashmere scarf. A few days later she broke up with me at a diner amidst the unpleasant conversation, the waiter, right out of the Sopranos was a welcome comic respite. I had liked her. I think she liked me too. That may have been the problem though I do not pretend to know what she was really thinking. It was a shame. But such is life. And I am glad she chose to "walk away" know as opposed to later down the line.

Now here a scant few minutes from the midnight hour I am sitting at home, alone. There is nothing wrong with that. By choice mostly. Well I had intended to spend it with someone but whatever. It has been a good year. I am officially divorced now for a year and 2 weeks. Even people I have not seen in years say they have never seemed happier. I guess the feeling I have that I am happier is not just a feeling but a permanent change in my aura and demeanor. Who knows.

I take another sip of my Bahama Mama and look at the clock. It is 11:55. I am gonna refreshen my drink and watch the ball drop. Which reminds me of a poem I wrote entitled "Where were you when the ball dropped?" I will post that tomorrow.
Until then be well and

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments:
Greengirl asks where's the poem, dude? I love that poem. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I spent the night alone wishing I could redo last new year's eve. Glad you had a good year! You are a terrific friend! You deserve only the very best.
 
I'm glad you are so positive about the new year. Also glad that you didn't blast that poor new girlfriend on your blog after she broke up with you at the Soprano diner. She did like you. Happy New Year and Happy Belated Birthday.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?