Sunday, January 13, 2008

Day Of The Kings. AKA My Birthday

Off to a new year, but same old blogging habits. Oh well, I did not make a resolution so I don't feel the least bit bad about my delay. LOL This is my birthday blog.

You often hear about a King without a crown, but there I was sitting at the end of a long table, which seated 14 in total, with a garish and ornate golden colored plastic and bejeweled crown. What was missing was a queen. But Maurice was at my side, as always and, well he is as close to a queen as it gets so I guess the setting was complete. I had the jester, ala a Gallagher look a-like and various members of my court, and stretched before us was a meal fit for a king. Or three, since it was the day of the kings that we are talking about. Panicos, not the fancy restaurant, but the pizzeria restaurant located directly across from the main one is right next door to the Stress Factory in New Brunswick NJ. The food was excellent, plentiful and nicely priced. Not that a king pays on his day, but that is another story.

This was similar picture that occurs throughout the year when "my family" celebrates an individuals birthday. The only shortcoming of such things is that all parts of conversations cannot be heard. One was that someone who has newly returned to our family had made an announcement or her impending nuptials. Or rather her betrothal, or rather an engagement. I gathered as much by seeing the ring and seeing congratulatory hugs and the like. This engagement comes from the same man, who in a fit of romantic and lustful fervor, through her over his shoulder to spirit her away into the boudoir, only to throw her up, a few inches too high, into a ceiling fan. Thus killing any romance for the evening. Let us hope, that when they are married that he doesn't kill her carrying her over the threshold.

I deviated from the birthday plans by suggesting a comedy club after dinner, instead of the usual movie. The comedians were funny, I even wore my crown at the table in the club, so when birthdays were announced no one doubted the fact that I was celebrating something, it was either that or I rode there on the short bus. The evening was great all around. Not to mention I got some cool shit too. LOL

Until Next Time
C

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?