Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Paula Deen And Savannah (ROAD TRIP II)

Savannah. What more can you say about it other than it is a beautiful place to visit, and well, probably live if you were lucky enough. One of the things my baby wanted to do, even before we had planned our trip was to go to Lady and Son's. Which is Paula's Deen's restaurant in that part of GA. They do not, however, take reservations. Though what they do suggest is arriving at 10am on the day you want to dine there and get a time for a seating. So we arrived at around 11am, when the line was just disappating and got a 7:15 seating. Now we had a whole day to waste before our dinner time. When we did get there for our meal it was well worth it. Tony our very dilligent and oddly out of place waiter was a force to be reckoned with. I would no sooner get halfway through my soda when BAM he would be there with a fresh glass. (I say out of place because he looked like he walked off the set of Goodfellas, but had a southern accent, it was an odd combination.) The food was excellent. Rafaela ordered off of the menu and I had the buffet which was rife with Southern favorites. The only thing that was better than the service and food, was the pecan pie. It was the best pecan pie we had ever tasted. Buttery crust, warm and sweet and well, Paula if you want to adopt another son I am here. LOL

Damn. Now I am hungry. Shocking. Tomorrow or Friday I will post about Tybee Island.

Comments:
Paula can adopt me too. You lucky guy. Her restaurant is on my "bucket list.
By the way, thanks for stopping in and reading my blog. It's always nice to add a new reader.

JE
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?